Child Benefit

Child Benefit

solution proViDeR

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)


Subsidise general living costs

primary eligibility


SECONDary eligibility

Responsible for child aged under 16 years
Responsible for child aged under 20 years




Income support schemes


Cash grant

what's on offer

You get Child Benefit if you’re responsible for bringing up a child who is: - under 16 - under 20 if they stay in approved education or training Only one person can get Child Benefit for a child. It’s paid every 4 weeks and there’s no limit to how many children you can claim for.

how to claim

You can claim Child Benefit as soon as you’ve registered the birth of your child, or they come to live with you. Only one person can get Child Benefit for a child, so you need to decide whether it’s better for you or the other parent to claim. The person who claims will get National Insurance credits towards their state pension if they are not working or earn less than £190 per week. Fill in Child Benefit claim form CH2 and send it to the Child Benefit Office. The address is on the form. You can apply for Child Benefit before registering the birth, if you cannot get an appointment with a register office before your child is 3 months old. If your child is adopted, send their original adoption certificate with the form. You can order a new adoption certificate if you’ve lost the original. If you do not have the adoption certificate you need, send your claim form now and send the certificate once you’ve got it.

website link

Join our wait list to be notified once this feature is available

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.